  • Troop 54
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2000
      I know that JOTA is far off, but how soon in advance should I start planning
      activities with my Troop.

      Max Manghelli - KD7GES
      Junior Assistant Scoutmaster
      Troop 54 Veneta Oregon
    • John Bednar
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 27, 2000
        > How did everyone's Field Day Scouting event go.

        Troop 242 was active for the first time during Field
        Day with my call and my son's, WB3ESS on the
        novice station. My son gave a radio/Field Day demo
        at the prior meeting (requested by the PLC).

        Band conditions were very bad in PA. We were running
        100 watts but it seemed like we were QRPP. We installed
        the 40m antenna late after supper. Around 10:30pm local
        40m was runnable and one of the scouts made more
        contacts in less than two hours than both stations
        made all day. He was so excited at times he couldn't
        talk.

        By Sunday noon the guys asked if we could sleep
        over one more night. I'm sure we'll be on the air next year
        and they will be fired up for JOTA.

        John, K3CT
        SA Troop 242, Cherryville, PA
        k3ct@...