intro DE WB1EDI

  • barry whittemore
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2006
      HI,
      i just joined the group and thought that i would introduce myself. My name
      is Barry Whittemore and i have held the Amateur call of WB1EDI since may of
      1977. i have been active in Boy Scouting since my oldest son (24) joined
      Tiger Cubs and have been Webelos leader, Scout committee member and Ast.
      Scoutmaster with Pack 110 and then Troop 135 in Manchester, NH. Both of my
      sons are now Eagle Scouts and one is now an Electrical Engineer. I have run
      a few JOTA operations for our troop and local packs before abd will
      definitely be doing another this fall. The big difference is that now our
      Troop has the Call of KB1NH to use. This belongs to the newly formed BSA
      Troop 135 ARC. I hold an Amateur Extra licence since 1994 and my wife (NE1F)
      also holds an Amateur Extra licence.
      I have DXCC WAS WAC awards WAS and WAC are for each of CW, SSB and RTTY
      modes. I operate in several contests and i am a member of the Yankee Clipper
      Contest Club. I also do a fair amount of CW ragchewing and i am a member of
      the Straight Key Century Club. I hope to be operating the station of KB1NH
      from Camp Carpenter in a few weeks for the inaugural event to introduce the
      boys to "Ham Radio". I will also be bringing my QRP (FT-817) radio on our
      Troop Canoe trip on the St. Croix river trip this August. i will be on or
      about the scout frequencies mostly on 40, 20 and 17 meters. If you hear us
      please give us a call.
      Thanks
      Barry
      WB1EDI/ KB1NH (Trustee)