Re: Scout Camp Net

  • James Mc Nichol
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22 8:39 AM
      Hi Guys,

      This is really a great idea. K5HAL, myself and some other operator
      will be teaching Radio, Electronics MB's and an amauter lisencing
      course Camp Ware near Nottingham, PA. We will be there from June 25
      to July 1. We are looking at possibly having up to three HF
      stations in camp that week. I know we will also have 2m and
      possible packet and aprs.

      What a great opportunity to get more scouts interested in Amatuer
      radio.

      73's de N3LBY

      Jim

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Krizan" <frank.krizan@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Frank,
      >

      > Thanks for the observation. The calling plan recommends 7270 +/-
      10kHz -
      > plus, at 9 p.m., 40m would be checked for 5 mins before the hour
      and then
      > 80m (3940 +/- 10kHz) for 5 mins after the hour.
      >

      > The plan is a "calling plan" instead of a Net. Thus, Hams can
      avoid
      > interference. There's also suggested operating times of 1 p.m.
      and 7 p.m.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 24, 2006
        Hello to all

        This is great.. Troop 116 of Atlanta Area will be at Camp

        Woodruff in North GA. We will have a couple of HAM stations

        set up. Will try to make contacts. So please listen out for a

        week signal and voice from the north GA woods.

        Thanks

        Dave

        KD4POG
        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "James Mc Nichol" <N3LBYJIM@...>