RE: [ScoutRadio] Scout Camp Net

  • Frank Krizan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2006

      Hi Frank,

      Thanks for the observation.  The calling plan recommends 7270 +/- 10kHz – plus, at 9 p.m., 40m would be checked for 5 mins before the hour and then 80m (3940 +/- 10kHz) for 5 mins after the hour.

      The plan is a “calling plan” instead of a Net.  Thus, Hams can avoid interference.  There’s also suggested operating times of 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. local.  The idea is to provide opportunities for scouts at camp to get to talk with someone via amateur radio, and/or, for scout camps to pass traffic.

      Those of us not at camp become the “support group” … we can monitor for scout camps calling CQ and provide a QSO for the camp station.

      Good to have you in the Group.

      73, Frank KR1ZAN

      Garland, TX   … but, currently camping in Bellville , TX … if you can call RVing “camping”!

      Message 2 of 4 , May 22, 2006
        Hi Guys,

        This is really a great idea. K5HAL, myself and some other operator
        will be teaching Radio, Electronics MB's and an amauter lisencing
        course Camp Ware near Nottingham, PA. We will be there from June 25
        to July 1. We are looking at possibly having up to three HF
        stations in camp that week. I know we will also have 2m and
        possible packet and aprs.

        What a great opportunity to get more scouts interested in Amatuer
        radio.

        73's de N3LBY

        Jim

        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Krizan" <frank.krizan@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Frank,
        >

        > Thanks for the observation. The calling plan recommends 7270 +/-
        10kHz -
        > plus, at 9 p.m., 40m would be checked for 5 mins before the hour
        and then
        > 80m (3940 +/- 10kHz) for 5 mins after the hour.
        >

        > The plan is a "calling plan" instead of a Net. Thus, Hams can
        avoid
        > interference. There's also suggested operating times of 1 p.m.
        and 7 p.m.
        > local. The idea is to provide opportunities for scouts at camp to
        get to
        > talk with someone via amateur radio, and/or, for scout camps to
        pass
        > traffic.
        >

        > Those of us not at camp become the "support group" . we can
        monitor for
        > scout camps calling CQ and provide a QSO for the camp station.
        >

        > Good to have you in the Group.
        >

        > 73, Frank KR1ZAN
        >
        > Garland, TX . but, currently camping in Bellville, TX . if you
        can call
        > RVing "camping"!
        >

        > _____

        t=ms&k=Date+idea&w1=Date+idea&w2=Ideas&w3=Radi
        > o&w4=Scouter&w5=Outdoors&c=5&s=64&.sig=mCQpztFx1dCxCxZJgKqgvg>
        idea

        > Ideas
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Ideas&w1=Date+idea&w2=Ideas&w3=Radio&w4
        > =Scouter&w5=Outdoors&c=5&s=64&.sig=sFDpcZH02g8_D_cunMHWvQ>
        >
        > Radio
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Radio&w1=Date+idea&w2=Ideas&w3=Radio&w4
        > =Scouter&w5=Outdoors&c=5&s=64&.sig=rXaAUpc4EgpHkbW-U4ExDQ>
        >

        > Scouter
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Scouter&w1=Date+idea&w2=Ideas&w3=Radio&
        > w4=Scouter&w5=Outdoors&c=5&s=64&.sig=A3BwF8viSzYYm_WfU68EiA>
        >
        > Outdoors
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Outdoors&w1=Date+idea&w2=Ideas&w3=Radio
        > &w4=Scouter&w5=Outdoors&c=5&s=64&.sig=tt2xr8fjVGG_qGcU2eL1fg>
        >

        > _____
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >

        > * Visit your group "ScoutRadio
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadio> " on the web.

        subject=Unsubscribe>

        > _____

      • davpet69
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 24, 2006
          Hello to all

          This is great.. Troop 116 of Atlanta Area will be at Camp

          Woodruff in North GA. We will have a couple of HAM stations

          set up. Will try to make contacts. So please listen out for a

          week signal and voice from the north GA woods.

          Thanks

          Dave

          KD4POG
          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "James Mc Nichol" <N3LBYJIM@...>