Ben Delatour Scout Ranch Repeater Operational

  • Chris Kelly
    Message 1 of 35 , May 3, 2006
      Hello:
      Just a short announcement that the UHF repeater at Ben Delatour
      Scout Ranch (near Red Feather Lakes, Colorado) is now operational.
      W0BSA/R receives on 442.025, transmits on 447.025 and uses 167.9 PL.
      It's a Motorola Micor repeater running about 30 watts.

      It's fairly local coverage (15 miles or so) in mountainous terrain,
      but it covers the 3700 acres of the ranch fairly well.
      If you're in the area this summer, or planning to visit BDSR, give it a try.

      73,
      Chris Kelly, K0PF
      W0BSA trustee
    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 24, 2006
        Nathaniel, please let us know how the SCCP works for you. In no small sense, it's still in the Beta testing phase and we may have to make adjustments, depending upon ham-Scouters' experiences.

        Howz it feel to be a Guinea pig? 8-)

        HF is off limits for me for the next couple weeks at least, now that the AZ Natl Forests are closed. Because of the AZ fires, I'm at a local county campground (directly in the direction -5 mi north- the Brins Fires will head if the winds pick up and still no rain) which is heavily forested and no way to get up an HF antenna high enough (vertical would be my only option, but I don't have my 50' mast with me). So, no Field Day, no SCCP, no HF until it rains or snows.

        73 de Fred K2FRD

        At 2:20 PM -0400 6/24/06, Nathaniel A. Frissell wrote:
        >Hi, everyone!
        >
        >I just wanted to let you know that I am off to scout camp today, and will
        >have W2FSR on the air within a week. I hope to talk to all of you on
        >SCCP.
        >
        >73 de Nathaniel, W2NAF

        Editor-Publisher
        http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm