Re: Re: [ScoutRadio] Re: Summer Camp Nets

  • fisher_daniel@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 35 , May 3, 2006
      Nathaniel,

      From my perspective, that looks very good. Two frequencies, three times per day. Only one thing: We have 14.290 +/- 10, but the Maritime Net is "in session" during both of these times. We really can go only about +5 to avoid QRM-ing them. I might have missed something in an earlier post, but can we go to maybe 14.280 or so? Or should we specify it as 14.290 +5/-10?

      Once we have it completely finalized, I'll send something to QRZ and to Scouting Magazine.

      73,
      Dan AI4GK

      > From: "Nathaniel A. Frissell" <w2naf@...>
      > Date: 2006/05/03 Wed AM 10:38:50 EDT
      > To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [ScoutRadio] Re: Summer Camp Nets
      >
      > There seems to be an overwhelming popularity for the 9 PM slot, so I am
      > putting that back in. Here is the schedule now:
      >
      > Call CQ Scout Camps at:
      > Monday - Friday
      > 1:00-1:30 PM local time, on 14.290 +/- 10 kHz (Avoid Maritime Mobile Net).
      > 7:00-7:30 PM local time, first on 14.290, then 7.270 +/- 10 kHZ, based
      > on band conditions.
      > 9:00 - 9:30 PM local time, 7.270 +/-10 kHz
      >
      > I know that not everyone can do every time slot, but that is ok. Everyone
      > should try to get on as much as they can during these times, and as the
      > summer progresses, we will see what will work the best.
      >
      > Please let me know if you have any more comments. Thanks!
      >
      > 73 de Nathaniel, W2NAF

      > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

      > Visit the Adventure Radio Society: http://www.natworld.com/ars/
      >
      > ScoutRadio start page:
      >
      > Post message: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 24, 2006
        Nathaniel, please let us know how the SCCP works for you. In no small sense, it's still in the Beta testing phase and we may have to make adjustments, depending upon ham-Scouters' experiences.

        Howz it feel to be a Guinea pig? 8-)

        HF is off limits for me for the next couple weeks at least, now that the AZ Natl Forests are closed. Because of the AZ fires, I'm at a local county campground (directly in the direction -5 mi north- the Brins Fires will head if the winds pick up and still no rain) which is heavily forested and no way to get up an HF antenna high enough (vertical would be my only option, but I don't have my 50' mast with me). So, no Field Day, no SCCP, no HF until it rains or snows.

        73 de Fred K2FRD

        At 2:20 PM -0400 6/24/06, Nathaniel A. Frissell wrote:
        >Hi, everyone!
        >
        >I just wanted to let you know that I am off to scout camp today, and will
        >have W2FSR on the air within a week. I hope to talk to all of you on
        >SCCP.
        >
        >73 de Nathaniel, W2NAF

        Editor-Publisher
        http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm