RE: [ScoutRadio] Re: Summer Camp Nets

  • J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
    Message 1 of 35 , May 3, 2006

      Nathaniel,

      Great to see your leadership on this!

      Good job from an Eagle Scout!

      73,

      Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

      201.314.6964

      w2ttt@...

      From: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nathaniel A. Frissell
      Sent: Wednesday, 03 May, 2006 10:39
      To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [ScoutRadio] Re: Summer Camp Nets

      There seems to be an overwhelming popularity for the 9 PM slot, so I am
      putting that back in.  Here is the schedule now:

      Call CQ Scout Camps at:
      Monday - Friday
      1:00-1:30 PM local time, on 14.290 +/- 10 kHz (Avoid Maritime Mobile Net).
      7:00-7:30 PM local time, first on 14.290, then 7.270 +/- 10 kHZ, based
      on band conditions.
      9:00 - 9:30 PM local time, 7.270 +/-10 kHz

      I know that not everyone can do every time slot, but that is ok.  Everyone
      should try to get on as much as they can during these times, and as the
      summer progresses, we will see what will work the best.

      Please let me know if you have any more comments.  Thanks!

      73 de Nathaniel, W2NAF

    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 24, 2006
        Nathaniel, please let us know how the SCCP works for you. In no small sense, it's still in the Beta testing phase and we may have to make adjustments, depending upon ham-Scouters' experiences.

        Howz it feel to be a Guinea pig? 8-)

        HF is off limits for me for the next couple weeks at least, now that the AZ Natl Forests are closed. Because of the AZ fires, I'm at a local county campground (directly in the direction -5 mi north- the Brins Fires will head if the winds pick up and still no rain) which is heavily forested and no way to get up an HF antenna high enough (vertical would be my only option, but I don't have my 50' mast with me). So, no Field Day, no SCCP, no HF until it rains or snows.

        73 de Fred K2FRD

        At 2:20 PM -0400 6/24/06, Nathaniel A. Frissell wrote:
        >Hi, everyone!
        >
        >I just wanted to let you know that I am off to scout camp today, and will
        >have W2FSR on the air within a week. I hope to talk to all of you on
        >SCCP.
        >
        >73 de Nathaniel, W2NAF

        Editor-Publisher
        http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm