RE: [ScoutRadio] Re: Summer Camp Nets

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Message 1 of 35 , May 2, 2006
      Gordon, Nathaniel, et al--

      I also agree with the 9 PM net time, but in addition to 7 PM instead of in lieu of it. The Camps with which I am familiar (about a dozen in NE Region) are all in evening program of one type or another (over-programmed, actually and intentionally) Tuesday through Friday such that 1900 local is occupied. 2100 local is about the only available time slot when the Scouts aren't preprogrammed with campwide, theme, program area, or Troop activities. Not all camps follow this schedule, however, so Frank Krizan KR1ZAN's idea to have three or four nets might be better; as the summer progresses, the superfluous nets can be dropped.

      Here at the EAGLE, we're following this thread very closely and will publish an article on 15 May with the most updated information.

      73 de Fred K2FRD
      EDITOR-PUBLISHER
      OCARG EAGLE
      http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm

      --
      73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD, VO2FS
      Editor-Publisher
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 24, 2006
        Nathaniel, please let us know how the SCCP works for you. In no small sense, it's still in the Beta testing phase and we may have to make adjustments, depending upon ham-Scouters' experiences.

        Howz it feel to be a Guinea pig? 8-)

        HF is off limits for me for the next couple weeks at least, now that the AZ Natl Forests are closed. Because of the AZ fires, I'm at a local county campground (directly in the direction -5 mi north- the Brins Fires will head if the winds pick up and still no rain) which is heavily forested and no way to get up an HF antenna high enough (vertical would be my only option, but I don't have my 50' mast with me). So, no Field Day, no SCCP, no HF until it rains or snows.

        73 de Fred K2FRD

        At 2:20 PM -0400 6/24/06, Nathaniel A. Frissell wrote:
        >Hi, everyone!
        >
        >I just wanted to let you know that I am off to scout camp today, and will
        >have W2FSR on the air within a week. I hope to talk to all of you on
        >SCCP.
        >
        >73 de Nathaniel, W2NAF

        Editor-Publisher
        http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm