Re: [ScoutRadio] Re: Summer Camp Nets

  • Nathaniel A. Frissell
    Message 1 of 35 , May 2, 2006
      Hi, everyone. I spoke with Larry Wolfgang at the ARRL for ideas regarding
      this as well, he liked the idea. We think the 9 PM time slot might be a
      little too late. 7 PM might work well since it is right after
      dinner. I think the following may work well:

      Call CQ Scout Camps at:

      1:00-1:30 PM local time, on 14.290 +/- 10 kHz (Avoid Maritime Mobile Net).
      7:00-7:30 PM local time, first on 14.290, then 7.270 +/- 10 kHZ, based on
      band conditions.

      Please let me know what you think. I will try to get this into both CQ,
      QST, and ARRLWeb. For CQ and QST, I need to let them know by today (for
      the July issue).

      Thanks!

      73 de Nathaniel, W2NAF
    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 24, 2006
        Nathaniel, please let us know how the SCCP works for you. In no small sense, it's still in the Beta testing phase and we may have to make adjustments, depending upon ham-Scouters' experiences.

        Howz it feel to be a Guinea pig? 8-)

        HF is off limits for me for the next couple weeks at least, now that the AZ Natl Forests are closed. Because of the AZ fires, I'm at a local county campground (directly in the direction -5 mi north- the Brins Fires will head if the winds pick up and still no rain) which is heavily forested and no way to get up an HF antenna high enough (vertical would be my only option, but I don't have my 50' mast with me). So, no Field Day, no SCCP, no HF until it rains or snows.

        73 de Fred K2FRD

        At 2:20 PM -0400 6/24/06, Nathaniel A. Frissell wrote:
        >Hi, everyone!
        >
        >I just wanted to let you know that I am off to scout camp today, and will
        >have W2FSR on the air within a week. I hope to talk to all of you on
        >SCCP.
        >
        >73 de Nathaniel, W2NAF

        Editor-Publisher
        http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm