Re: [ScoutRadio] I'm an "Eagle Scout" and new to ScoutRadio can you help me ?

  • Tom Sharp
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2006
      Matthew,

      Oh if only you were 150 miles north.  In Phx, we have Explorer Post 599 dedicated to Ham Radio and helping the Grand Canyon Council with radio MB and ham demonstrations.

      One of our former members from long ago (Post 599 is over 30 years old) is Arizona's ARRL Section Manager and all around good guy:
      Tom Fagan WB7NXH
      ARRL Section Manager Arizona
      Tucson Arizona
      520 574-1129
      wb7nxh@...
      http://www.arrl.org/sections/?sect=AZ
      http://www.qsl.net/arrlaz/
      Tom attempted to start an Explorer/Venture group in Tucson just a few years ago.  He would have some ideas for local help to you.  He also knows that Post 599 would be willing to come to Tucson for a demo or other opportunity to help our brothers to the South.  Contact him...I've also copied him on this.

      If you are ever in Mesa on a Tuesday night, contact me and you can visit our meeting.

      ----Tom   WA9OXY    (Eagle 1970)
      Tom Sharp, Advisor
      Explorer Post 599 -- W7BSA
      (602)569-6512