Re: [ScoutRadio] I'm an "Eagle Scout" and new to ScoutRadio can you help me ?

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2006
      Matthew, one of the best means for making contact between Scouting units and ham radio groups is through local amateur radio clubs. Here's a site that lists all ARRL-affiliated radio clubs in Arizona (33 of them) with contact email addresses and phone numbers:
      http://www2.arrl.org/FandES/field/club/clubsearch.phtml?state=AZ&selstate=Show+clubs+in+selected+state .

      Many such clubs participate in JOTA and other Scouting activities and are more than happy to help. I'm also in Arizona, but pretty far away (will be near Prescott next week) or I'd drop in and help. However, feel free to contact me by email if you can't find assistance nearby. There may be others on this list who are closer and can assist.

      73 de Fred K2FRD (Eagle Scout Class of '61)

      --
      73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD, VO2FS
      Editor-Publisher
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2006
        Matthew,

        Oh if only you were 150 miles north.  In Phx, we have Explorer Post 599 dedicated to Ham Radio and helping the Grand Canyon Council with radio MB and ham demonstrations.

        One of our former members from long ago (Post 599 is over 30 years old) is Arizona's ARRL Section Manager and all around good guy:
        Tom Fagan WB7NXH
        ARRL Section Manager Arizona
        Tucson Arizona
        520 574-1129
        wb7nxh@...
        http://www.arrl.org/sections/?sect=AZ
        http://www.qsl.net/arrlaz/
        Tom attempted to start an Explorer/Venture group in Tucson just a few years ago.  He would have some ideas for local help to you.  He also knows that Post 599 would be willing to come to Tucson for a demo or other opportunity to help our brothers to the South.  Contact him...I've also copied him on this.

        If you are ever in Mesa on a Tuesday night, contact me and you can visit our meeting.

        ----Tom   WA9OXY    (Eagle 1970)
        Tom Sharp, Advisor
        Explorer Post 599 -- W7BSA
        (602)569-6512