RE: [ScoutRadio] Summer Camp Nets

  • Stephen M. Shearer
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 23 12:04 PM

      Hi,

      Summer Camp for our troop is the second week of August.  Troop 30 plans on being on the air from our club station (KB3NCC) during camp.  We will be at Rodney Scout Camp in North East, MD.  After lunch is a good time.  I should have a 20m portable beam.  We will also be on psk-31 and RTTY.

      73, Steve WB3LGC

      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 24, 2006
        Nathaniel, please let us know how the SCCP works for you. In no small sense, it's still in the Beta testing phase and we may have to make adjustments, depending upon ham-Scouters' experiences.

        Howz it feel to be a Guinea pig? 8-)

        HF is off limits for me for the next couple weeks at least, now that the AZ Natl Forests are closed. Because of the AZ fires, I'm at a local county campground (directly in the direction -5 mi north- the Brins Fires will head if the winds pick up and still no rain) which is heavily forested and no way to get up an HF antenna high enough (vertical would be my only option, but I don't have my 50' mast with me). So, no Field Day, no SCCP, no HF until it rains or snows.

        73 de Fred K2FRD

        At 2:20 PM -0400 6/24/06, Nathaniel A. Frissell wrote:
        >Hi, everyone!
        >
        >I just wanted to let you know that I am off to scout camp today, and will
        >have W2FSR on the air within a week. I hope to talk to all of you on
        >SCCP.
        >
        >73 de Nathaniel, W2NAF

        Editor-Publisher
        http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm