[ScoutRadio] Re: Summer Camp Nets

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 23, 2006
      I'll be moving around a lot this summer, but will put up my Buddipole where feasible. Frank KR1ZAN's schedule sounds logical: 1300 and 2100 local is as good as it's gonna get given the time zone problem and Scout Camps' schedules. 1300 EDT is only 0900 Arizona time for me, so 20m is barely warmed up, but if we stick to those times, something is bound to click, especially if we put out enough "CQ Scout Camps" often enough. I have no idea how many camps will have ham stations (I'm not even certain how many Scout camps are in the system... 400?), but we need to try it.

      Keep these ideas coming. I'm already working on an article for the May edition of the OCARG EAGLE and if it all comes together, a special edition with more solid times and frequencies can be issued during the summer.

      73 de Fred K2FRD, VO2FS

      --
      73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD, VO2FS
      Editor-Publisher
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 24 12:17 PM
        Nathaniel, please let us know how the SCCP works for you. In no small sense, it's still in the Beta testing phase and we may have to make adjustments, depending upon ham-Scouters' experiences.

        Howz it feel to be a Guinea pig? 8-)

        HF is off limits for me for the next couple weeks at least, now that the AZ Natl Forests are closed. Because of the AZ fires, I'm at a local county campground (directly in the direction -5 mi north- the Brins Fires will head if the winds pick up and still no rain) which is heavily forested and no way to get up an HF antenna high enough (vertical would be my only option, but I don't have my 50' mast with me). So, no Field Day, no SCCP, no HF until it rains or snows.

        73 de Fred K2FRD

        At 2:20 PM -0400 6/24/06, Nathaniel A. Frissell wrote:
        >Hi, everyone!
        >
        >I just wanted to let you know that I am off to scout camp today, and will
        >have W2FSR on the air within a week. I hope to talk to all of you on
        >SCCP.
        >
        >73 de Nathaniel, W2NAF

        Editor-Publisher
        http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm