1999 Scouting Spectacular Update

  • Jon Pearl W4ABC
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 1999
      Received 500 of the 25 pg. +ACI-Make a Personal Connection+ACI- primers from Kenwood
      Communications today. These packets are really packed with lots of answers
      to newcomers questions. Still waiting to see if the +ACI-VC-H1's+ACI- are going to
      show up on my door step.

      Dan (W4BNC) and myself, helped Chris Bengivengo of the +ACI-St. Petersburg
      Association of Firefighters+ACI- put together a multi-colored banner for the
      event. Seems that the program being used to guide the plotter doesn't have
      spell check capability. Between telephone calls, politicians coming in and
      out of the door, and calls to the company who produced the software (how to
      convert a .jpg to .plt), we managed to misspell a couple of words. Worst
      part of it is, the mistakes are in an area that won't allow a manipulation
      of a couple of letters, as they we are using the vinyl background on the
      banner stock, and not the letters themselves. Hey, we're hams, not sign
      makers.

      We will return tomorrow, and rip the face of the lower half of the banner
      off and replace it.

      Looks like Saturday will be a nice day. 10+ACU- chance of showers, and
      temperature around 79 degrees for the high.

      All is coming together quickly. Hope to see some of you at the Scout
      Spectacular at the Harborview in downtown Clearwater, this Saturday the
      27th. Stop by and operate or just see what Scouting is all about.

      From Dan W4BNC and myself, Jon W4ABC

      Yours in Scouting and Amateur Radio...73