Re: [ScoutRadio] Re: No Code Tech presentation files

  • Allan R. Batteiger
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 5, 2006
      Greetings to everyone
      I have suddenly gotten a lot of responses requesting the PowerPoint
      files. I will put them on my FTP site and post the address here.
      I got the original files from
      http://www.hamradioinstructor.com/index.html What I have done is to
      merge the 6 lessons that N5NA did, and then match up with the PowerPoint
      that has the Tech Question pool. I pulled the questions from the pool
      and added to the end of each lesson. I have deleted any pulled
      questions. I also use the "Cliff Notes" as a handout along with the
      Technician Band plan, and a file that I have that lists Amateur Radio
      Resources, (local clubs, stores, ARRL, FCC etc). This combination seems
      to make for a very good flowing class. I normally have the class over 2
      days 8 hours per day, with practice Exams from the ARRL instructors
      guide. If they can pass at least 2 of the practice I recommend they
      take the VE exam. If they cannot pass at least 2 of the exams, I
      recommend they spend some time studying maybe with a Mentor then take
      the test. I am averaging about a 85% first time pass rate so far.
      The numbers are creeping up because I have started Strongly recommending
      that the student read the Now you are talking before coming to class.
      I have been conducting some surveys of the students and have notice that
      those who have read the book completely as well as attended the class
      seem to have a 100% pass rate.
      I also have some Powerpoint slides that James Alderman created for
      Radio Merit Badge. I will post those as well.

      Allan R. Batteiger
      WB5QNG