Re: [ScoutRadio] Re: No Code Tech presentation files

  • LewisUpshur LEPC
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 5, 2006
      Im am interested

      --- k5hal <k5hal@...> wrote:

      > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Allan R.
      > Batteiger" <arb@...> wrote:
      > >
      > So
      > > far only a couple of people has expressed any
      > interest in the files.
      > >
      > > Allan R. Batteiger
      > > WB5QNG
      > >
      > Count me as interested. We are runnig a one
      > week Radio Camp at
      > Chester County Council Camp Ware in June. This is
      > our third year.
      > Always looking to improve.
      > Regards, cullen K5HAL

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Allan R. Batteiger
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 5, 2006
        Greetings to everyone
        I have suddenly gotten a lot of responses requesting the PowerPoint
        files. I will put them on my FTP site and post the address here.
        I got the original files from
        http://www.hamradioinstructor.com/index.html What I have done is to
        merge the 6 lessons that N5NA did, and then match up with the PowerPoint
        that has the Tech Question pool. I pulled the questions from the pool
        and added to the end of each lesson. I have deleted any pulled
        questions. I also use the "Cliff Notes" as a handout along with the
        Technician Band plan, and a file that I have that lists Amateur Radio
        Resources, (local clubs, stores, ARRL, FCC etc). This combination seems
        to make for a very good flowing class. I normally have the class over 2
        days 8 hours per day, with practice Exams from the ARRL instructors
        guide. If they can pass at least 2 of the practice I recommend they
        take the VE exam. If they cannot pass at least 2 of the exams, I
        recommend they spend some time studying maybe with a Mentor then take
        the test. I am averaging about a 85% first time pass rate so far.
        The numbers are creeping up because I have started Strongly recommending
        that the student read the Now you are talking before coming to class.
        I have been conducting some surveys of the students and have notice that
        those who have read the book completely as well as attended the class
        seem to have a 100% pass rate.
        I also have some Powerpoint slides that James Alderman created for
        Radio Merit Badge. I will post those as well.

        Allan R. Batteiger
        WB5QNG