Re: No Code Tech presentation files

  • k5hal
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 4, 2006
      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Allan R. Batteiger" <arb@...> wrote:

      So
      > far only a couple of people has expressed any interest in the files.
      >
      > Allan R. Batteiger
      > WB5QNG

      Count me as interested. We are runnig a one week Radio Camp at
      Chester County Council Camp Ware in June. This is our third year.
      Always looking to improve.
      Regards, cullen K5HAL
    • Allan R. Batteiger
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4, 2006
        Jon
        I think we may have a couple of other options. John Brewer has
        offered to host the files, and I have a server as well. I think that
        between the two of us we can make the file available to the group. I
        have been surprised at the response I have gotten requesting the
        files. I will get them posted to a ftp site this weekend or early next
        week.

        Thanks
        Allan R. Batteiger

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 5, 2006
          Im am interested

          --- k5hal <k5hal@...> wrote:

          > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Allan R.
          > Batteiger" <arb@...> wrote:
          > >
          > So
          > > far only a couple of people has expressed any
          > interest in the files.
          > >
          > > Allan R. Batteiger
          > > WB5QNG
          > >
          > Count me as interested. We are runnig a one
          > week Radio Camp at
          > Chester County Council Camp Ware in June. This is
          > our third year.
          > Always looking to improve.
          > Regards, cullen K5HAL

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Allan R. Batteiger
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 5, 2006
            Greetings to everyone
            I have suddenly gotten a lot of responses requesting the PowerPoint
            files. I will put them on my FTP site and post the address here.
            I got the original files from
            http://www.hamradioinstructor.com/index.html What I have done is to
            merge the 6 lessons that N5NA did, and then match up with the PowerPoint
            that has the Tech Question pool. I pulled the questions from the pool
            and added to the end of each lesson. I have deleted any pulled
            questions. I also use the "Cliff Notes" as a handout along with the
            Technician Band plan, and a file that I have that lists Amateur Radio
            Resources, (local clubs, stores, ARRL, FCC etc). This combination seems
            to make for a very good flowing class. I normally have the class over 2
            days 8 hours per day, with practice Exams from the ARRL instructors
            guide. If they can pass at least 2 of the practice I recommend they
            take the VE exam. If they cannot pass at least 2 of the exams, I
            recommend they spend some time studying maybe with a Mentor then take
            the test. I am averaging about a 85% first time pass rate so far.
            The numbers are creeping up because I have started Strongly recommending
            that the student read the Now you are talking before coming to class.
            I have been conducting some surveys of the students and have notice that
            those who have read the book completely as well as attended the class
            seem to have a 100% pass rate.
            I also have some Powerpoint slides that James Alderman created for
            Radio Merit Badge. I will post those as well.

            Allan R. Batteiger
            WB5QNG