Re: [ScoutRadio] No Code Tech presentation files

  • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 4, 2006
      Hi Allan.

      I'm afraid that the Files section is half full at 10 Mb...  20 being the hard limit.

      Fraternally,

      Jon Pearl -W4ABC
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4, 2006
        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Allan R. Batteiger" <arb@...> wrote:

        So
        > far only a couple of people has expressed any interest in the files.
        >
        > Allan R. Batteiger
        > WB5QNG

        Count me as interested. We are runnig a one week Radio Camp at
        Chester County Council Camp Ware in June. This is our third year.
        Always looking to improve.
        Regards, cullen K5HAL
      • Allan R. Batteiger
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2006
          Jon
          I think we may have a couple of other options. John Brewer has
          offered to host the files, and I have a server as well. I think that
          between the two of us we can make the file available to the group. I
          have been surprised at the response I have gotten requesting the
          files. I will get them posted to a ftp site this weekend or early next
          week.

          Thanks
          Allan R. Batteiger

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 5, 2006
            Im am interested

            --- k5hal <k5hal@...> wrote:

            > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Allan R.
            > Batteiger" <arb@...> wrote:
            > >
            > So
            > > far only a couple of people has expressed any
            > interest in the files.
            > >
            > > Allan R. Batteiger
            > > WB5QNG
            > >
            > Count me as interested. We are runnig a one
            > week Radio Camp at
            > Chester County Council Camp Ware in June. This is
            > our third year.
            > Always looking to improve.
            > Regards, cullen K5HAL

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Allan R. Batteiger
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 5, 2006
              Greetings to everyone
              I have suddenly gotten a lot of responses requesting the PowerPoint
              files. I will put them on my FTP site and post the address here.
              I got the original files from
              http://www.hamradioinstructor.com/index.html What I have done is to
              merge the 6 lessons that N5NA did, and then match up with the PowerPoint
              that has the Tech Question pool. I pulled the questions from the pool
              and added to the end of each lesson. I have deleted any pulled
              questions. I also use the "Cliff Notes" as a handout along with the
              Technician Band plan, and a file that I have that lists Amateur Radio
              Resources, (local clubs, stores, ARRL, FCC etc). This combination seems
              to make for a very good flowing class. I normally have the class over 2
              days 8 hours per day, with practice Exams from the ARRL instructors
              guide. If they can pass at least 2 of the practice I recommend they
              take the VE exam. If they cannot pass at least 2 of the exams, I
              recommend they spend some time studying maybe with a Mentor then take
              the test. I am averaging about a 85% first time pass rate so far.
              The numbers are creeping up because I have started Strongly recommending
              that the student read the Now you are talking before coming to class.
              I have been conducting some surveys of the students and have notice that
              those who have read the book completely as well as attended the class
              seem to have a 100% pass rate.
              I also have some Powerpoint slides that James Alderman created for
              Radio Merit Badge. I will post those as well.

              Allan R. Batteiger
              WB5QNG