No Code Tech presentation files

  • rtsiexpert
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3 8:20 AM
      Greetings
      I was asked to post the PowerPoint (Open document Presentation)
      files I use to teach a No Code Tech class to the files section.
      However the files are to large to post.
      After posting 3 of the 5 files, the files section of the group was full.
      If you would like a copy of the files, I can arrange a FTP site to
      download from. Or if it is possible to expand the files section of
      this group, I will post them here.

      Allan R. Batteiger
    • John Brewer
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3 10:25 AM
        How much room do you need? I would be willing to host the files for ftp
        download.

        Reply off list - john@...

        I was asked to post the PowerPoint (Open document Presentation)
        files I use to teach a No Code Tech class to the files section.
        However the files are to large to post.
        After posting 3 of the 5 files, the files section of the group was full.
        If you would like a copy of the files, I can arrange a FTP site to
        download from. Or if it is possible to expand the files section of
        this group, I will post them here.

        Allan R. Batteiger

        Visit the Adventure Radio Society: http://www.natworld.com/ars/

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Allan R. Batteiger
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 3 11:33 AM
          John
          Thanks for the offer, I have a server for my business that has
          plenty of room. The files take about 15mb of storage. I was asked to
          put them on the scoutradio files section so they would be in a common
          place. However it appears as though that only has a small limited
          capacity. If there is enough interest I will put them up on my server
          which has a 45MB full duplex connection to the Internet backbone. So
          far only a couple of people has expressed any interest in the files.

          Allan R. Batteiger
          WB5QNG

          John Brewer wrote:
          > How much room do you need? I would be willing to host the files for ftp
          > download.
          >
          > Reply off list - john@...

        • Kevin O'Dell
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 3 2:28 PM
            i'd like a copy of them......

            Kevin O'Dell
            N0IRW

            John Brewer wrote:
            > How much room do you need?  I would be willing to host the files for ftp
            > download.
            >
            > Reply off list - john@...

            Date idea Ideas Radio
            Scouter Outdoors

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            <arb.vcf>

          • Rex Hunt
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 3 11:50 PM
              I would also be interested....may be useful in training our Foundation Licensees (M3 calls)

              Thanks

              Rex G0CLR
              Gilwell Park Radio Team
            • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 4 5:57 AM
                Hi Allan.

                I'm afraid that the Files section is half full at 10 Mb...  20 being the hard limit.

                Fraternally,

                Jon Pearl -W4ABC

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 4 6:03 AM
                  --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Allan R. Batteiger" <arb@...> wrote:

                  So
                  > far only a couple of people has expressed any interest in the files.
                  >
                  > Allan R. Batteiger
                  > WB5QNG

                  Count me as interested. We are runnig a one week Radio Camp at
                  Chester County Council Camp Ware in June. This is our third year.
                  Always looking to improve.
                  Regards, cullen K5HAL
                • Allan R. Batteiger
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 4 6:23 AM
                    Jon
                    I think we may have a couple of other options. John Brewer has
                    offered to host the files, and I have a server as well. I think that
                    between the two of us we can make the file available to the group. I
                    have been surprised at the response I have gotten requesting the
                    files. I will get them posted to a ftp site this weekend or early next
                    week.

                    Thanks
                    Allan R. Batteiger

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 5 4:09 PM
                      Im am interested

                      --- k5hal <k5hal@...> wrote:

                      > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Allan R.
                      > Batteiger" <arb@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > So
                      > > far only a couple of people has expressed any
                      > interest in the files.
                      > >
                      > > Allan R. Batteiger
                      > > WB5QNG
                      > >
                      > Count me as interested. We are runnig a one
                      > week Radio Camp at
                      > Chester County Council Camp Ware in June. This is
                      > our third year.
                      > Always looking to improve.
                      > Regards, cullen K5HAL

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Allan R. Batteiger
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 5 4:27 PM
                        Greetings to everyone
                        I have suddenly gotten a lot of responses requesting the PowerPoint
                        files. I will put them on my FTP site and post the address here.
                        I got the original files from
                        http://www.hamradioinstructor.com/index.html What I have done is to
                        merge the 6 lessons that N5NA did, and then match up with the PowerPoint
                        that has the Tech Question pool. I pulled the questions from the pool
                        and added to the end of each lesson. I have deleted any pulled
                        questions. I also use the "Cliff Notes" as a handout along with the
                        Technician Band plan, and a file that I have that lists Amateur Radio
                        Resources, (local clubs, stores, ARRL, FCC etc). This combination seems
                        to make for a very good flowing class. I normally have the class over 2
                        days 8 hours per day, with practice Exams from the ARRL instructors
                        guide. If they can pass at least 2 of the practice I recommend they
                        take the VE exam. If they cannot pass at least 2 of the exams, I
                        recommend they spend some time studying maybe with a Mentor then take
                        the test. I am averaging about a 85% first time pass rate so far.
                        The numbers are creeping up because I have started Strongly recommending
                        that the student read the Now you are talking before coming to class.
                        I have been conducting some surveys of the students and have notice that
                        those who have read the book completely as well as attended the class
                        seem to have a 100% pass rate.
                        I also have some Powerpoint slides that James Alderman created for
                        Radio Merit Badge. I will post those as well.

                        Allan R. Batteiger
                        WB5QNG