Re: [ScoutRadio] Amateur Radio program for Venturing Crews

  • Ray Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2006
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "David Zollers" <drzollers@...>

      > Does anybody have a program for presenting amateur radio to an
      > Amateur Radio oriented Venturing Crew? I've just been appointed
      > Advisor to Venturing Crew 599 in Cradle of Liberty Council. I'm
      > trying to get the program re-started. Any ideas would be greatly
      > appreciated. Thanks.

      If they're already into it, I'd take a look at some of the ARRL tapes
      and rotate thru them... the one that still impresses me after all these
      years is the one on antennas, where they've made a whole bunch of
      tiny antennas that plug in, one at a time, onto a tiny board, with an
      Elmer (I forget his name and call offhand) explaining the theory but
      also moving around a "wand", a pickup probe that was highly
      polarized so that you could easily (by audio volume) tell how an
      antenna was radiating, including vertically and horizontally...
      really one of the ones in which a picture (with sound) was
      worth a thousand words. :-)

      _Ray_ KBØSTN Joplin, MO
      UC, Nih-Ka-Ga-Hah District,
      Ozark Trails Council, BSA