Re: [ScoutRadio] Setting up a troop to troop sched

  • KB3CVS (Tom)
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2006
      Hi! My name is Tom Hendricks, and I will be teaching a Radio Merit
      Badge session to Troop 828 here in Timonium, MD on the 21st. It will be
      an "all night" affair (it's called a "Lock-In" and the folks
      participating will be locked in the Church all night, working on various
      merit badges). (We'll set up a radio indoors, and hopefully have an
      outside antenna).

      Let me know if that might work for you, and we can try to contact you
      then, we'll be trying to get several scouts on the air that evening (and
      morning) as well.

      73,
      -Tom-

      ve3gxq wrote:

      >Hello everyone:
      >
      >My name is Scouter Jamie Holmes, Troop Scouter for the 6th Erin Mills
      >Troop. We have a group of 28 Scouts here in Mississauga, Ontario,
      >Canada. Mississauga is about 20 miles West of Toronto. I am looking to
      >set up a scheduled contact with another troop for the purpose of
      >meeting a badge requirement for our Scouts and maybe it can meet a
      >requirement for your guys also. I operate most modes including psk31,
      >however I figure that they may have the most fun using phone, I am
      >open to suggestions. If anyone may be interested please
      >contact me at jamie@.... Thank you for reading this 73
      >and good DX.
      >
      >Jamie/VE3GXQ

      >Visit "Operation On Target BSA" Mountain Top Signaling:
      >http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

      >Visit the Adventure Radio Society: http://www.natworld.com/ars/
      >
      >ScoutRadio start page:
      >
      >Post message: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2006

        To,

        If you would like a sked, then simply call me after 5:00 PM on the 21st and I’ll get on the air for your guys!

        I have a Klondike Derby that day, but I’ll be home and showered by 5:00 PM!

        73,
        J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
        201.314.6964
        w2ttt@...
        w2ttt@...
        w2ttt@...

        ve3gxq wrote:

        >Hello everyone:
        >
        >My name is Scouter Jamie Holmes, Troop Scouter for the 6th Erin Mills
        >Troop. We have a group of 28 Scouts here in Mississauga , Ontario ,
        > Canada . Mississauga is about 20 miles West of Toronto. I am looking to
        >set up a scheduled contact with another troop for the purpose of
        >meeting  a badge requirement for our Scouts and maybe it can meet a
        >requirement for your guys also. I operate most modes including psk31,
        >however I figure that they may have the most fun using phone, I am
        >open to suggestions. If anyone may be interested please
        >contact me at jamie@....  Thank you for reading this 73
        >and good DX.
        >
        >Jamie/VE3GXQ

        >Visit "Operation On Target BSA" Mountain Top Signaling:
        >http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

        >Visit the Adventure Radio Society: http://www.natworld.com/ars/
        >
        >ScoutRadio start page:
        >
        >Post message: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jamie Holmes
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 12, 2006
          Message
          Gordon:

          Thanks for the quick response. I have an opportunity to use another station that could accomodate our guys on Monday January 23/1006. Would this work for you or any of your guys? Our badge requirment is to make contact with Scouts who are not in Canada, therefore only speaking with scouters doesn't count. If this doesn't work sometime in February would probably be good.

          73

          Jamie/VE3GXQ