SOS Network

  • Jeff Montgomery
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2005
      Shouldn't this be the National Mayday Radio Netowork? FRS is voice after all
      I for one, am all for sending CW on FRS channels and any other medium as
      well.
      Let's get the terminology right....

      (Tongue planted so firmly in cheek I can't talk around it, he he he)

      Jeff
      WB4WXD
      Palestine, Texas

      National SOS Radio Network" ready to start, based on millions of FRS "Family
      Radio Service" radios already in use plus 675,000 ham radio operators across
      America.
      > "National SOS Radio Network" provides instant, reliable, emergency
      communications for everyone. Designed to eliminate communication breakdown
      as occurred in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Ready to go into
      operation immediately across America.

    • ClayMayrose@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2005
        The only problem I see with this is that most FRS radios have a range of less than a quarter mile. This program will give some unsuspecting user unrealistic expectations. I really don't care what the advertisement say. Is this going to  turn into another CB Channel 9 and have REACT turn into the FRS storm troopers

        Clay WA6LBU