APRS Scout Radio Contacts anytime

  • Robert Bruninga
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2005
      Now SCOUTS can contact SCOUTS anywhere at
      any time via APRS. Here's how:

      National Generic Callsigns for Groups and Special
      events (such as scouts) is in place on FINDU.COM and
      I have added a note about it on my main APRS page:

      http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs.html

      Scouts, JOTA, IOTA, SCR and all manner of ham
      radio activities can now all find each other on
      APRS using this technique. Lets get the word out
      to those special intrest groups and get them to
      use it. This will let you set up your briefcase
      APRS station and contact other scouts during
      your event... anywhere

      Even if not an event. Just use the APRS scout
      symbol for your station and then you can sort
      on that symbol and see all other such callsigns
      in the country. Just use this URL:

      http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/symbol.cgi?icon=/,&limit=200

      and it will give you a list of all stations on the air
      NOW-LIVE using the SCOUT symbol on APRS...

      Bob

      >>> bruninga@... 10/18/05 6:46 PM >>>
      >..this exists... messages to SCOUTS, will appear on
      >http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/msg.cgi?call=scouts
      >Steve K4HG

      Wow, perfect. Maybe you could add one thing for
      when it really gets popular: add a button that
      says "Click here for unique calls". This way an optional
      list is just one call per line so the list is concise instead
      of 2 to 4 times as long due to multiple messages.
      Then I think its DONE and there is nothing to manage!
      Great work! Thanks, Bob

      On Oct 17, 2005, at 8:49 PM, Robert Bruninga wrote:

      > 3) To get ON the list, all anyone has to do is send
      > an APRS message TO one of the NATIONAL
      > GENERIC Callsigns. In the body of the message
      > he lists any details he wants
      >
      > MSG: City, state or other comment
      >
      > 3) THe format for the printable WEB page list will be
      > a separate page for each of the National APRS
      > callsigns. On each page will be just a printable
      > list of calls and their one-line comments.

    • J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2005

        Available from the Ham Radio Operators of Boy Scout Troop 139 in
        Bergenfield, NJ

        Each product includes a full specification sheet and a letter of
        appreciation.

        GREAT GIFT IDEA FOR CHRISTMAS, HANUKAH, OR ANY OTHER HOLIDAY!

        We offer three STANDARD models and three DELUXE EDITION models and two
        special options for memorializing and personalizing your GRID LEAK PAN.

        Model GLP-100 GRID LEAK PAN
        $10 post paid CONUS.

        Model GLP-1500 LEGAL LIMIT GRID LEAK PAN
        $20 post paid CONUS

        Model GLP-3000 HEAVY DUTY GRID LEAK PAN
        $30 post paid CONUS

        TROOP 139 DELUXE EDITION   add $20
        The "Troop 139 Deluxe Edition" Models have a Troop 139 Patch affixed to your
        GRID LEAK PAN.

        There are many wonderful additional features to admire in this DELUXE
        EDITION GRID LEAK PAN!

        The special patch identifies the Troop, St. John the Evangelist Church, our
        chartering organization  for over 60  years, and our community of
        Bergenfield, "The Friendly Town".  It features three fleur-de-lis,
        signifying the importance of the Holy Trinity in the red, white and blue
        colors of our country, and a welcoming campfire symbolizing the universal
        warmth, friendship and fellowship of our Troop.  The four logs of our
        campfire represent a Scout's duties to "God", "Country", "Family" and
        "Self".  The background of sky, water, forests, fields and mountains show
        the gifts of God's bounty in our land.

        Model GLP-100DLX GRID LEAK PAN
        $30 post paid CONUS.

        Model GLP-1500DLX LEGAL LIMIT GRID LEAK PAN
        $40 post paid CONUS

        Model GLP-3000DLX HEAVY DUTY GRID LEAK PAN
        $50 post paid CONUS

        MEMORIALIZE YOUR GRID LEAK PAN!   add $10
        For an additional $10, the Troop will be happy to name the purchaser and/or
        the recipient on its Web site: www.troop139.org <http://www.troop139.org/> .
        Please include your preferences with your order.

        PERSONALIZE YOUR GRID LEAK PAN  addition cost dependent on plate and text
        These include engraved plates noting the occasion, and if desired, the names
        and calls of the donor and/or recipient.  Contact w2ttt@... for pricing
        for a specific text message and plate type (metal or plastic)

        Higher power and special application designs available by request.

        Check or Postal Money Order accepted

        Payments should be made to "Boy Scout Troop 139" and sent to

        Boy Scout Troop 139
        c/o St. John the Evangelist Church
        29 North Washington Ave.
        Bergenfield, NJ 07621

        Proceeds go to Scouting programs for needy young people.
        All products are fabricated by Scouts and Scouters who are licensed Radio
        Amateurs.

        Thanks!
        Gordon Beattie
        w2ttt@...