Re: [scoutradio] Scout Net FRS & GMRS

  • w7jdb@arrl.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 12, 2000
      >From: "TJ-wd4nhh" ><wd4nhh@...>
      >GMRS Freq's and FRS freq.'s are not the >same . I will list them below
      .

      GMRS licensees (except grandfathered entities) are allowed to use up to
      5w ERP on the GMRS interstitial frequencies which happen to be the same
      as the first 7 FRS channels. GMRS can use up to 50w on the rest of the
      frequencies.

      >GMRS radios are 5 watts (most of them)
      >You will get about 1.5 to 2.5 miles on flat
      > ground .
      >FRS Freq.s
      >1 : 462.5625
      >2 : 462.5875
      >3 : 462.6125
      >4 : 462.6375
      >5 : 462.6625
      >6 : 462.6875
      >7 : 462.7125
      >8 : 467.5625
      >9 : 467.5875
      >10:467.6125
      >11: 467.6375
      >12: 467.6625
      >13: 467.6875
      >14: 467.7125
      >GMRS simplex freq.'s only in list
      >1 : 462.550
      >2 : 462.575
      >3 : 462.600
      >4 : 462.625
      >5 : 462.650
      >6 : 462.675 (Emrgncy / travlers advisory)
      >7 : 462.700
      >8 : 462.725
      >Seeeee  Yaaaaa
      >T.J.  WD4NHH
      >wd4nhh@...
      >Asst. Den Leader Den 3 Pack 301   >St.Petersburg  Fl.

      462.675 is also available for any other GMRS traffic but, is the most
      common frequency monitored by REACT teams.
      GMRS does not use channel numbers like FRS and CB.

      Please go to dougweb.com for more information about GMRS, FRS, and HAM
      radio. here is the address:

      http://www.dougweb.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

      73

      Dave