Upcoming Operating Activity

  • Jack Rueckel
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2005
      Fellow Scouters/Hams:
      We will be operating two events in the coming couple of weeks
      from Sussex County New Jersey. Please note the following:

      - Sussex District Cub Family Camp will be conducted on Saturday
      October 22-23 from the Mt. Allamuchy Scout Reservation. The primary
      operation will be 10/22 from 8am until 5:30pm local. This event will
      host more than 600 Cubs and family members on an overnight family
      camp. The boys and families will rotate through the station on an
      hourly basis. We will use the standard JOTA frequencies posted on the
      ARRL site. If anyone has any additional program ideas for Cub Scout
      level boys, please feel free to forward them. We are planning to use
      both the emergency communications aspect and geography.

      - JOTA weekend we will operate fro my home, and also (likely) from
      the Mt. Allamuchy Scout Reservation on the standard JOTA frequencies,
      mostly HF Phone. We are expecting to host 30 -50 boys ate various
      times.

      If anyone has time to speak with Scouts, especially during the
      Family Camp. please do. I'm certainly open to scheds on HF.

      tnx & YIS,
      Jack N2NHN
      Pack 90 CC
    • Pete Badham
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2005
        Message
        Hi Gang,

        Keep an ear out for our station based in Central England, Evesham to be exact. We will be using the club callsign MX0RAD and will be active on 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m and 10m. We will be operating mostly phone but some data modes too. Our VHF activity will be on 2meters and possibly 70cm, there will be the odd excursion to the Echolink nodes too during the weekend. We are also hoping to get the chance to work the Echo AO51 Sat this year (antennas permitting)

        Hope everyone has a great time, and the band conditions are favourable this year (German contest permitting)

        73

        Pete - G0WXJ

        www.m0rad.demon.co.uk - Avon Valley ARA
        www.soar.org.uk - Project S.O.A.R