JOTA and IRLP

  • Larry Worthington (KC9HDP)
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
      Does anyone have info on IRLP and JOTA I find info on echolink which I am working with an operator near our JOTA site to run echolink.  I am not certin that that will happen.  I do possibly have access to an IRLP node and was wondering if there was any configuration information for using it like ther is for echolink. (http://home.versatel.nl/worldscout/JOTI/echolink.htm).

      Larry
      KC9HDP
      RARC JOTA Chair
      Troop 11 Advancment Chair

      It has removed 195 spam emails to date.
      Try
    • Frank Krizan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
        Hi Larry and others,

        K2BSA, the National BSA Amateur Radio Station at Camp Wisdom, Dallas, will be monitoring node 4150 (444.150 MHz locally in Dallas) for IRLP contacts.  If we don't answer on the first call, wait a few minutes and try connecting again.

        You'll need to find out if any access codes are required locally and if any special procedures are required.   Otherwise, just ID that you're connecting to IRLP and enter the 4 digit node number using DTMF touch pad.  Keep in mind that it takes a couple of seconds for the link to settle after you release the PTT button.  So, when the other station ends and you hear a courtesy tone, wait a couple of seconds before keying to transmit.

        73, Frank KR1ZAN
        Station Manager, K2BSA, Dallas, TX