Re: [ScoutRadio] JOTA - psk31?

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2005
      Steve, I did PSK at a JOTA three years ago and had very good luck with many contacts with other JOTA stations. I could have run PSK all day, but I was at a camporee and wanted to demonstrate all modes. Even in these days of poor propagation due to Cycle 23 bottoming out, PSK is a very viable JOTA mode.

      --
      73 de Fred K2FRD, VO2FS
      http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/K2FRD.html
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2005
        You just gave me a JOTA idea!
        Ill put PSK-31 on a speaker and then bring out
        bunches of laptops from work. Load PSK-31
        on them and set them on a table surrounding
        the speaker. Each kid gets to tune in sigs...

        I guess it is better to run the audio to the sound
        card though, because the kids are too noisy to
        do it accoustically.... hummh.... Bob

        >>> k2frd@... 10/01/05 10:53 PM >>>

        --
        73 de Fred K2FRD, VO2FS
        http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/K2FRD.html

        Visit the Adventure Radio Society: http://www.natworld.com/ars/

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Eric Wolf
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2005
          The K2BSA station now has PSK-31, and perhaps if there isnt a lot of luck on the bands, we will fire that up.

          -Eric