JOTA in Boston?

  • kd5fdw
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2005
      I moved to the Boston area this summer and am looking for a group
      where I can help support a JOTA activity. I am out by Lexington &
      Concord and would like to work with a group in that area if possible.

      yis
      Dave
      nd4su
      Webelos Leader
      Assistant Packmaster
    • Al Katzman
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2005
        My suggestion is two fold.  First look up www.arrl.org and find clubs near you.  Find out if they are running JOTA.  Finally contact the BSA council office near you.  However usually those folks don't know about JOTA.  However they do know about camporees running during that weekend and who is in charge.  You can then contact the leader of the camporee to see if JOTA will be in the camporee.  I'm organizing the JOTA for our district camporee and the leader knows we are coming.  Listen for K2BSA/8 coming from us.

        kd5fdw <bison@...> wrote:
        I moved to the Boston area this summer and am looking for a group
        where I can help support a JOTA activity.  I am out by Lexington &
        Concord and would like to work with a group in that area if possible.

        yis
        Dave
        nd4su
        Webelos Leader
        Assistant Packmaster

        Yahoo! for Good
      • frank@fmaynard.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2005
          On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Al Katzman wrote:

          > look up www.arrl.org and find clubs near you.

          Also look under the Educational tab and check the Youth Skeds database.
          There is currently one listed for Bridgewater, MA.

          --
          YiS,
          Frank Maynard, NF8M