Re: [ScoutRadio] UHF CB Antennaes

  • Ray Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2005
      From: "Chris" <chris_flett1234@...>

      > G'day to all the scouters out there.

      G'day to you! :-)

      > Hi my names Chris. Im from 1st Forrestfield Scout group in Perth,
      > Western Australia.

      Wow. That's about 15,000 KM from the States. :-)

      > I was just wondering if anyone can give me sum info on how to build
      > your own uhf cb antennaes.

      We forget the frequencies, I think yours is around 462 MHZ, right?
      Well, a few more questions. Inside or outside, or mounted on a
      handitalkie? And what kind of gain are you allowed, 0, 3, 6 dB?
      And, do you want it omnidirectional (all ways), or pointed at someone
      far away (a Yagi beam)? That will run the range from a simple wire to
      an elaborate stacked array.

      _Ray_ KBØSTN
      kb0stn@...
    • Eric
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 12, 2005
        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <chris_flett1234@y...> wrote:
        > G'day to all the scouters out there.
        >
        > Hi my names Chris. Im from 1st Forrestfield Scout group in Perth,
        > Western Australia.
        >
        > I was just wondering if anyone can give me sum info on how to build
        > your own uhf cb antennaes.

        Here are some links to some simple J-Pole antennas:

        Down toward the bottom, it gives a listing of measurements per freq.
        http://www.vcars.org/tech/J_Pole2M.html

        http://w4zt.com/jpole/

        This one has a "calculator"...just put in your freq. and it will give
        you the lengths....

        http://www.hamuniverse.com/jpole.html

        Hope this helps,

        73