UHF CB Antennaes

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2005
      G'day to all the scouters out there.

      Hi my names Chris. Im from 1st Forrestfield Scout group in Perth,
      Western Australia.

      I was just wondering if anyone can give me sum info on how to build
      your own uhf cb antennaes.
    • Neil Lauritsen
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2005
           We do not have UHF as a valid CB frequency here in the  States. CB here is in the 11 Meter Range (27 MHz)

      • ClayMayrose@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2005
          In a message dated 9/9/05 1:08:24 A.M. Central Daylight Time, neil-w4nhl@... writes:
          G'day to all the scouters out there.

          Hi my names Chris. Im from 1st Forrestfield Scout group in Perth,
          Western Australia.

          I was just wondering if anyone can give me sum info on how to build
          your own uhf cb antennaes.

          What frequency is the CB band in Western Austrailia??
        • Ray Brown
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9, 2005
            From: "Chris" <chris_flett1234@...>

            > G'day to all the scouters out there.

            G'day to you! :-)

            > Hi my names Chris. Im from 1st Forrestfield Scout group in Perth,
            > Western Australia.

            Wow. That's about 15,000 KM from the States. :-)

            > I was just wondering if anyone can give me sum info on how to build
            > your own uhf cb antennaes.

            We forget the frequencies, I think yours is around 462 MHZ, right?
            Well, a few more questions. Inside or outside, or mounted on a
            handitalkie? And what kind of gain are you allowed, 0, 3, 6 dB?
            And, do you want it omnidirectional (all ways), or pointed at someone
            far away (a Yagi beam)? That will run the range from a simple wire to
            an elaborate stacked array.

            _Ray_ KBØSTN
            kb0stn@...
          • Eric
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 12, 2005
              --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <chris_flett1234@y...> wrote:
              > G'day to all the scouters out there.
              >
              > Hi my names Chris. Im from 1st Forrestfield Scout group in Perth,
              > Western Australia.
              >
              > I was just wondering if anyone can give me sum info on how to build
              > your own uhf cb antennaes.

              Here are some links to some simple J-Pole antennas:

              Down toward the bottom, it gives a listing of measurements per freq.
              http://www.vcars.org/tech/J_Pole2M.html

              http://w4zt.com/jpole/

              This one has a "calculator"...just put in your freq. and it will give
              you the lengths....

              http://www.hamuniverse.com/jpole.html

              Hope this helps,

              73