Fw: [aprssig] Re: APRS at the Scout Jamboree.

  • Neil Lauritsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2000

      FYI, the National Jamboree takes place not this summer, but in
      2001. For all the Scouters out there, the big event for this summer is
      the National Order of the Arrow Conference in Knoxville, Tennessee.
      But as you said, it isn't too early to plan for the Jambo! I'll be
      staffing K2BSA most likely (awaiting word from National), so it'll be a
      great chance to promote Amateur Radio to the Scouting community and meet
      lots of people interested in our hobby.
      If you haven't made plans for the Jamboree yet, better hurry! It
      is an excellent experience you'll remember for a lifetime. And Amateur
      Radio will most certainly be a part of that experience.

      In Scouting,
      Brian, N5ZGT
      Albuquerque, NM
      > Order of the Arrow Section W5A Secretary
      > http://www.unm.edu/~brianm
      >
      > On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Bob Bruninga wrote:
      >
      > > Not too early to think about APRS at the Jamboree this summer. A few
      > > years ago I made detail trail maps of the entire Fort A.P.Hill area for
      > > the Jamboree (they are included in the APRSdos Emapsxx.zip
      distribution).

      > > If any APRS users here on the SIG are into scouting and will be
      > > participating in the Jamboree, plese consider joining the scout-radio
      SIG