Re: [ScoutRadio] Last Minute Instructions for Jambo Traffic???

  • Allan R. Batteiger
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2005
      Brian
      The latest info in the Jamboree newsletter is that K2BSA will be on
      the "Standard" scout frequencies. I would guess this means the same
      freq. used for JOTA etc.
      They also gave the local repeater info if you are in the area. I do not
      have the newsletter up at the moment so I do not know the 2M freq.
      They will be conducting Radio merit badge and No-Code Tech Classes and
      tests at the Jamboree.

      Allan WB5QNG

      Brian Cieslak wrote:

      >Can we get a quick review of how to address traffic in
      >and out of the Jamboree via k2BSA and/or NTS.
      >
      >Boys Life had a nice explanation of the subcamp
      >system. How should we format addresses on our traffic.
      >
      >Brian K9WIS

    • Allan R. Batteiger
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2005
        Brian
        The format for addressing a piece of US mail to a scout is:

        Mailing Address at the Jamboree

        Scouts Full Name

        Jamboree Troop XXXX

        Subcamp No. XX

        2005 National Scout Jamboree

        Bowling Green, VA 22428-troop#

        Allan - WB5QNG
      • Gary Wilson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13, 2005
          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Allan R. Batteiger" <arb@r...>
          wrote:
          > The format for addressing a piece of US mail to a scout is:
          > Mailing Address at the Jamboree

          > Scouts Full Name
          > Jamboree Troop XXXX
          > Subcamp No. XX
          > 2005 National Scout Jamboree
          > Bowling Green, VA 22428-troop#

          And if this Jamboree is like the last four, the subcamp number is
          usually the first two digits of the Jamboree Troop number.

          For example, Jamboree Troop number 1234 is in subcamp 12; Jamboree
          troop 411 is in subcamp 4 (the leading zero is assumed for a three
          digit Jamboree troop number.)

          Big caveat - It's the Scouts JAMBOREE troop number, not the troop
          number of his regular troop at the church or school in his home
          town. Thus be leery, if you see mail addresses to a two digit troop
          number ;-)

          73

          Gary, K2GW