Last Minute Instructions for Jambo Traffic???

  • Brian Cieslak
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12 1:05 PM
      Can we get a quick review of how to address traffic in
      and out of the Jamboree via k2BSA and/or NTS.

      Boys Life had a nice explanation of the subcamp
      system. How should we format addresses on our traffic.

      Brian K9WIS

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Allan R. Batteiger
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12 1:11 PM
        Brian
        The latest info in the Jamboree newsletter is that K2BSA will be on
        the "Standard" scout frequencies. I would guess this means the same
        freq. used for JOTA etc.
        They also gave the local repeater info if you are in the area. I do not
        have the newsletter up at the moment so I do not know the 2M freq.
        They will be conducting Radio merit badge and No-Code Tech Classes and
        tests at the Jamboree.

        Allan WB5QNG

        Brian Cieslak wrote:

        >Can we get a quick review of how to address traffic in
        >and out of the Jamboree via k2BSA and/or NTS.
        >
        >Boys Life had a nice explanation of the subcamp
        >system. How should we format addresses on our traffic.
        >
        >Brian K9WIS

      • Allan R. Batteiger
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12 1:13 PM
          Brian
          The format for addressing a piece of US mail to a scout is:

          Mailing Address at the Jamboree

          Scouts Full Name

          Jamboree Troop XXXX

          Subcamp No. XX

          2005 National Scout Jamboree

          Bowling Green, VA 22428-troop#

          Allan - WB5QNG
        • wb3lgc@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 12 7:54 PM
            See the copy of the flier "K2BSA and you" at my web page.

            73, Steve WB3LGC

          • Gary Wilson
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 13 5:56 AM
              --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Allan R. Batteiger" <arb@r...>
              wrote:
              > The format for addressing a piece of US mail to a scout is:
              > Mailing Address at the Jamboree

              > Scouts Full Name
              > Jamboree Troop XXXX
              > Subcamp No. XX
              > 2005 National Scout Jamboree
              > Bowling Green, VA 22428-troop#

              And if this Jamboree is like the last four, the subcamp number is
              usually the first two digits of the Jamboree Troop number.

              For example, Jamboree Troop number 1234 is in subcamp 12; Jamboree
              troop 411 is in subcamp 4 (the leading zero is assumed for a three
              digit Jamboree troop number.)

              Big caveat - It's the Scouts JAMBOREE troop number, not the troop
              number of his regular troop at the church or school in his home
              town. Thus be leery, if you see mail addresses to a two digit troop
              number ;-)

              73

              Gary, K2GW