Re: [ScoutRadio] Radio Belt Loop and Acheivement Pin

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2005
      At 10:35 -0700 12/07/2005, Brian Cieslak wrote:
      >I see that the cub scouts have an acheivement program
      >that issues blet loops for meeting certain
      >requirements (astronomy, geology, heritaget etc). What
      >would it take to add a HAM radio belt loop with some
      >simple requirements. (take part in a QSO either real
      >or imaginary, create a QSL card, give examples of
      >different radio modes and activities).
      >
      >Just brain storming
      >
      >Brian K9WIS

      Or just a Radio loop, a much-scaled down version of Radio Merit Badge to allow for the other types of radio covered by the merit badge, e.g. broadcasting.

      Sounds like a great idea! However, given the amount of time it takes to institute changes at the National level, some of us might not see it in our lifetimes. Computers Merit Badge was last updated in 1993 when most computers were DOS with 40 mb hard drives and two megs of RAM while Photography Merit Badge was last updated in 1983, long before digital cameras.

      --
      73 de Fred K2FRD, VO2FS
      http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/K2FRD.html