Re: [scoutradio] JOTA

  • Ray Vaughan
    Message 1 of 41 , Mar 2, 2000
      At 09:23 AM 3/2/00 -0500, you wrote:
      >With the worldwide internet linked APRS system, all we need is one
      >digipeater in the area and Scouts worldwide can zoom in to the jamboree
      >and see what is happening live...
      >
      >Are there any APRS hams on this list?

      Miami checking in. If anyone wants an APRS demo at a Scouting function, please let me know by direct e-mail.

      Ray J. Vaughan, MS, CBTE
      KD4BBM
      ray@...
      ray@...
      http://www.rayvaughan.com/
    • Elden
      Message 41 of 41 , Jun 8, 2012
        The Kennehoochee Amateur Radio Club supports the Merit Badge University at Kennesaw State University. They have approximately 100 merit badge classes and have around 1000 participants. The Club sets up a station in the Common Green at the college for scouts to participate on JOTA.

        This will be my eighth year teaching the Radio Merit Badge Class.

        ELDEN MORRIS, N1MN
        Radio Merit Badge Counselor
        Covered Bridge & Foot Hills Districts
        Atlanta Area Council