Another Camporee...Radio Merit Badge

  • biker51ferg
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2005
      Hey gang: Thanks for anyone who tried to get in contact with the
      Seneca Rocks Camporee in WV this last weekend. A number of
      unfortuante radio incidents happened (al weather). My station canopy
      blew off and I had to operate from the back of the car. Then the main
      wire antenna literally collapsed breaking the center balun? Was left
      with an MP-1 which did well for the situation.

      Am attending the Moose Merit Badge Camporee in Covington VA 5/20-22.
      A local ham is offering Radio Merit badge and will being trying for
      contacts probably on the scout frequencies ( as before). I will
      hopefully be able to help if time allows. Don't know the call to be
      used...Hopefully see you on the air. Time would be Mid day and mid
      afternoon, or just mid afternoon depending how the badge is being
      run....thanks again...Steve...N4PKJ