Saturday Scout Radio Event, from Seneca Rocks WV

  • biker51ferg
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2005
      Greeting all: Just wanted to make an official posting. Scout Radio
      from the Stonewall Jackson Area Council (BSA) in the Shenandoah Valley
      will be operating (or attempting) a special event station from their
      council wide camporee at Seneca Rocks, WV. We will operate under the
      call N4PKJ and others if other hams help. Time of operation will be
      from approximately 14:30 UCT to 20:00 UCT (9:30-3:00) longer if the
      interest and bands holdout, shorter if it wains. Frequencies will be
      the suggested scout frequencies 7270, 14290, 21360 phone, 7030, 14070
      and 21140 CW. We will be operating at 10 watts which in some circles
      qualifies as qrp. We will be logging all calls and are developing a
      good looking (hopefully) QSL card. We will at least do email qsl's.
      Some local 2M operation will be done on local repeaters.

      The Theme of the Camporee is "Lewis and Clark" who didn't have radio.
      We will be spreading the news of the camporee and how much fun we are
      having. Come join us on the air

      Thanks
      Steve Ferguson/N4PKJ
      ASM Tr30