Re: [Scoutradio] Digest Number 585

  • ray@sirois.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11 6:51 AM
      > 1. What Frequencies to use?
      > From: "biker51ferg" <biker51ferg@...>
      > Hey Gang...this is a prenotice and an inquiry. Will be operating from
      > a scout camporee in WV this weekend. I will do a formal notice in a
      > day or two. What would be good frequencies (+ or -) to operate from?
      > Will probably try and use 40 meters, 20 meters, and 15 if open. I
      > will give times and call, frequencies after I check this tomorrow.
      > This is just a query...thanks...Steve/N4PKJ

      It kinda depends if you have scheds or plan to
      call CQ, or search and pounce.

      If you are calling CQ, use the JOTA freqs as suggested
      earlier. If you are setting up scheds, that works too.

      Most of the time when I am demonstrating HF, I find
      search and pounce to be the best... and I do that
      on whatever HF band(s) are open.... and what is
      going on. During a contest, I may show the contrast
      between 20m and 18m... some of the boys like
      the contest idea and want to try.... some will like
      the ragchew.

      Sitting and calling CQ is rarely enough entertainment
      to hold their interest in my experience.

      Good Luck!

      Ray Sirois N1RY
      WJ0TA Club in Maine
    • biker51ferg
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11 6:14 PM
        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, ray@s... wrote:
        > > 1. What Frequencies to use?
        > > From: "biker51ferg" <biker51ferg@y...>
        > > Hey Gang...this is a prenotice and an inquiry. Will be operating from
        > > a scout camporee in WV this weekend. I will do a formal notice in a
        > > day or two. What would be good frequencies (+ or -) to operate from?
        > > Will probably try and use 40 meters, 20 meters, and 15 if open. I
        > > will give times and call, frequencies after I check this tomorrow.
        > > This is just a query...thanks...Steve/N4PKJ

        Ray: Thanks for the reply. Will probably be doing all of the
        suggested...hope to make a contact with you...thanks...Steve/N4PKJ