Re: [Fwd: [NCAREC] New Bill Would Ban Public NOAA Weather Data]

  • Gary Wilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25 12:56 PM
      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, w2bsa <w2bsa@c...> wrote:
      > Spread this around. Looks like Sen, Rick Santorum has been
      hoodwinked by the for-pay weather companies.
      > Do you want to pay for your weather information twice here in the
      states???

      > If you don't write your US Senators in opposition.
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > Bill Stewart, W2BSA

      If you think this is a bad idea, write your Senators and
      Representative and tell them you oppose Senate Bill S786.

      You can write your Senator at

      http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

      You can also write your Congressman at

      http://www.house.gov/writerep/

      You might tell them that you don't want to have to pay a private
      firm to get NWS weather data and that you're afraid that lives will
      be lost. Make sure they know your street address so they can tell
      you're a constituent.

      I'm sure other radio and emergency mangement e-mail groups might
      want to know about this as well.

      73

      Gary, K2GW