Re: [scoutradio] JOTA

  • Bob Bruninga
    Message 1 of 41 , Mar 2, 2000
      On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Alan Stumpf wrote:

      > On another note how about 2001 Jamboree..?
      > FRS at the Jamboree....?

      A third topic is that 3 years ago I prepared detail APRS maps of FT AP
      Hill for the jamboree, but I never heard if anyone ever used it. These
      days, since any THD7 HT with a GPS plugged into it is a complete personal
      APRS tracking system, it might be worthwhile to make APRS useful at the
      Jamboree again... These maps appear if you have the East coast maps
      loaded (Emapsxx.zip).

      With the worldwide internet linked APRS system, all we need is one
      digipeater in the area and Scouts worldwide can zoom in to the jamboree
      and see what is happening live...

      Are there any APRS hams on this list?

      de WB4APR, Bob
    • Elden
      Message 41 of 41 , Jun 8, 2012
        The Kennehoochee Amateur Radio Club supports the Merit Badge University at Kennesaw State University. They have approximately 100 merit badge classes and have around 1000 participants. The Club sets up a station in the Common Green at the college for scouts to participate on JOTA.

        This will be my eighth year teaching the Radio Merit Badge Class.

        ELDEN MORRIS, N1MN
        Radio Merit Badge Counselor
        Covered Bridge & Foot Hills Districts
        Atlanta Area Council