Radio Programming Suggestions

  • Martin A. Flynn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2005
      I will be retiring my personal Motorola Spectra radios shortly (new radio
      system is narrowband FM). The VHF Spectra can cover the US amateur band
      as is, the UHF version with minor mods.

      Here's the question: I want to install both aboard the local Sea Scout
      Training vessel. The primary operating area is within a 50 mile radius of
      NYC. Does anyone have a suggestion on the best mix of amateur frequencies
      to program into the radios? There are 128 possible channel slots, which
      can be segregated into zones. BTW, you need proprietary software to
      program this family of radios.

      One suggestion was NK2U's chart at: http://members.1stconnect.com/nk2u/
      . Any other suggestions?

      Martin