[scoutradio] Digest Number 55

  • David Hutchinson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2 3:51 AM
      >>CQ CQ CQ DE KB3DHC CQ CQ CQ

      Hello is anyone there. This is one dead list or there is too much QRM
      on my phone line to get e-mail from this list. Hopefully it just that this
      list is dead because if I play with the phone lines my dad would strangle
      me.
      73's

      Alan Stumpf, KB3DHC KB3DHC@... Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 377 Greater
      Pittsburgh Council Enda Lechauhanne 57 | >>======> | 3rd Assistant
      Scoutmaster 2001 Jamboree Troop RED (No number yet) North Hills Amateur
      Radio Club JOTA Committee Chair<<

      KB3DHC de GI4FUM

      Hi Alan

      I agree the list has gone rather dead of late and I admit to being a lurker
      here. BG

      I really don't know what level of activity there is for JOTA in the States
      but I have been involved with JOTA stations and Radio Scouting stations in
      the UK since 1976. The station I usually run is the Antrim & District
      Amateur Radio Club station with the callsign GN4SIW (a Northern Ireland
      club prefix). I am licensee of that station. I have operated the GB3GP
      station from Gilwell Park in the past and also the HB9S station from the
      World Scout Bureau in Switzerland. I am presently Assistant District
      Commissioner for Venture Scouts in the Antrim and District district in
      County Antrim in Northern Ireland. I will shortly be taking over as
      district commissioner. I am also Assistant County Commissioner for scout
      activities in County Antrim.

      73 de David Hutchinson GI4FUM

      Antrim, Northern Ireland - ACC(activitities)County Antrim
      100115.3541@... or fitamed@...
      http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Dr_David_Hutchinson - personal
      home page
      http://communities.msn.co.uk/BrownseaIslandPatrol - International Scout
      leader mailing list area (private - contact me for access)
      Writing at 11:47:36 on 02/03/00
      Using EMail Assist for CompuServe
    • Steven C. Gallafent
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2 8:08 AM
        > FRS at the Jamboree. You want to talk about crowed channels at
        camporees, you probably won't be able to get one word in except at night.

        We have a council Jamboral (not sure how it differs from a Jamboree except
        it is shorter) this fall. With 40,000 scouts there I'm interested to see how
        much traffic my eight units (I'm a unit commissioner) see on the FRS radios.
        I'll be on 2M most of the time with staff, but I wouldn't be surprised to
        see all 14 FRS channels busy -- I just don't know how bad it will be. Net
        control on FRS?

        Steve

        Steven C. Gallafent - The Computer Guy
        steve@... - http://www.compguy.com/