JOTA

  • Alan Stumpf
    Message 1 of 41 , Mar 1, 2000
      CQ  CQ CQ  DE  KB3DHC  CQ  CQ  CQ

          Hello is anyone there. This is one dead list or there is too much QRM on my phone line to get e-mail from this list. Hopefully it just that this list is dead because if I play with the phone lines my dad would strangle me.
          Well we could start talking about JOTA 2000 (October 20-22). It is a little more than 6 months away. When does information come out of National anyway? Does anyone have any good JOTA programs that their club puts on for the scouts? How many stations do your group use? Activities (the ARRL should have a JOTA list to share ideas)? This could be the best time to start planning .
          On another note how about 2001 Jamboree, does anyone want to sign up for staff? I was appointed a 3rd assistant scoutmaster position and am planning to volunteer a few of the days. Also on a jambo note does anyone know of a inexpensive ($50>) Solar 12V charger on the market? I am planning to bring a car battery to charge my HT batteries and other rechargeable batteries with a MAHA desktop charger. I know if I charge many batteries and run a small light & possibly a small fan it will deplete the battery before the Jambo ends.
          FRS at the Jamboree. You want to talk about crowed channels at camporees, you probably won't be able to get one word in except at night.

      Pick at least one topic.
      Hopefully this will get some conversation going.

      73's

      Alan Stumpf, KB3DHC
      KB3DHC@...
      Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 377
      Greater Pittsburgh Council
      Enda Lechauhanne 57 | >>======> |
      3rd Assistant Scoutmaster 2001 Jamboree Troop RED (No number yet)
      North Hills Amateur Radio Club
        JOTA Committee Chair
    • Elden
      Message 41 of 41 , Jun 8, 2012
        The Kennehoochee Amateur Radio Club supports the Merit Badge University at Kennesaw State University. They have approximately 100 merit badge classes and have around 1000 participants. The Club sets up a station in the Common Green at the college for scouts to participate on JOTA.

        This will be my eighth year teaching the Radio Merit Badge Class.

        ELDEN MORRIS, N1MN
        Radio Merit Badge Counselor
        Covered Bridge & Foot Hills Districts
        Atlanta Area Council