New to the Group

  • ke5cxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2004
      Hello from Oklahoma City!
      I'm Jim, Chaplain to Troop 20 of Last Frontier Council, and I used to
      be a Bear (SC-449). It's also been my privilege to have been on Staff
      for SR-369, SR-531 and SR-614.

      I used to be WA2SWA (T) but forty years later, I'm KE5CXX (G).

      You can usually find me on 40m or 20m CW; I'm the guy that gave "ham-
      fisted" its name.

      Amateur radio is too much fun not to share with the Troop, and I'm
      confident that this group will help me do that.

      73 & Good Scouting,
      Jim
    • Kent Davis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6 5:52 PM
        I'm new to the group and just wanted to share my excitement in the
        SCCP calling plan. I just worked Camp Greilick in MI with a Scout
        working on his merit badge. I probably wouldn't have been monitoring
        the Freq except for SCCP. They're on 14.286 if you're real time!

        We'll be at camp next week working QRP from Camp Ottari in the Blue
        Ridge Mountains of VA so listen out for us as well!

        73's
        Kent Davis
        KI4HWN