Re: [Scoutradio] Preparing for JOTA

  • wb3lgc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2004
      In a message dated 10/11/2004 12:58:21 AM Eastern Standard Time, aws69@... writes:
      Ok with that scream out the way lets talk JOTA presentations. I am wondering
      what type of displays everyone put up, excluding radios.
      I was asked to put on an astronomy "station" after the campfire Saturday night at our district camporee.  I said OK, but I want to do JOTA during the day events...  One of my "side shows" for the JOTA tent will be a telescope to look at the sunspots (if any) and tie in the relationship to radio propagation.  (the telescope has a solar filter, btw).  I don’t know what they will see, but I’ll also check the space weather web page later this week to see what the sun looks like…

      73, STEVE

      BTW, look for WB3LGC, WB3FUP, or KC3AM from Delaware.
    • wb3lgc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2004
        I looked, and the telescope may not show anything...  I'll check Friday.  today http://www.spaceweather.com/ said: There are no sunspots today. Solar activity should remain very low. Image credit: SOHO/MDI