w6cx JOTA scouts from the Mount Diablo Silverado Council

  • Michael Grcevich
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2004
      W6CX will be on the air with the scout jamboree Oct
      16-17 as part of the ARRL Pacific Division convention
      from San Ramon Ca, hosted by the Mount Diablo Amateur
      Radio Club.Will be operating near the JOTA calling
      freqs on 10,15,20 and 40. Were going to attempt to do
      some SSTV with the kenwood VC-111 on or near 14.230
      Also attempting IRLP with the club 440mhz repeater
      w6cx node 133896 or my home call kb6usj node 15779.
      Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts will be in attendance, HVE Fun!

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • James Olson
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2004
        My humble suggestion for those trying SSTV:

        Please consider operating SSTV on 15 meters at 21340 or 21343, as well as on 20 meters on 14.227 and 14.233 mhz.  The frequency of 14.230 is VERY busy, and our JOTA activity will most likely congest and frustrate the situation.  We can share the band (bands) and have more fun!

        James Olson, W4JO
        Marietta, Georgia