RE: [Scoutradio] JOTA the 16th

  • Fusaro, Norm W3IZ
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 8, 2004

      Don’t forget to add your JOTA activity to the Youth Sked page on ARRL website.  This will help folks find your operation.

      http://www.arrl.org/FandES/ead/youthskeds/

      More information about JOTA can be found at: http://www.scouting.org/international/jota.html -and- http://www.arrl.org/FandES/ead/jota.html

      W1AW

      Again this year W1AW will be hosting local scouts on Saturday October 16th for JOTA.  The focus this year will be "merit badge in a day."  Mark Spencer, WA8SME, will be hosting the event.  He will be using a TX developed syllabus that will lead to the scouts achieving the radio merit badge during their participation in JOTA at the station.  There will be two settings for the training, 8 to 12 and 12 to 4.  So far there are about 20 scouts signed up to participate in the program.

      Anyone is welcome to stop by to participate in JOTA.

      W3IZ

      I will be QRV from Bowmansville, PA on the Lancaster & Berks County line 10/15 - 10/16.  I will have my usual camping station set up consisting of Yaesu FT-897 with SGC tuner and a wire antenna in a tilted L configuration.  http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w3iz/tuner.html

      Operation will be mostly 40m SSB but will look at 20m & 17m for JOTA activity.

      Norm Fusaro, W3IZ

      ARRL Affiliated Club/Mentor Program Manager

      225 Main St.

      Newington, CT 06011

      w3iz@...

      860-594-0230