Cape Fear Council on air Saturday

  • Bill Morine
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2004
      Dear Fellow Scout & Scouter Hams:

      The Cape Fear Council Fall Camporee in Wilmington, NC will have
      special event station AC4RC operating 9 AM to 3 PM Eastern time (1300-
      1900 UTC) on Saturday, October 2. There will be an HF station near
      JOTA frequencies on 20 and 40, and an IRLP station.

      We will have several Tech class scouts working the IRLP station. The
      node is the 145.17 repeater (N4JDW). Node number is 7480 and call
      for AC4RC scout special event station. We'd like to see if we can
      work 50 IRLP QSOs over the six hour period, so please call in.

      Wilmington, North Carolina is the largest coastal city between
      Norfolk, VA and Charleston, SC. Wilmington is also home to retired
      battleship U.S.S. North Carolina from which past JOTA events have
      been held.

      73,

      Bill Morine, N2COP
      Troop 215 Advancement Co-Chairman
      ARRL North Carolina Public Information Coordinator (PIC)
      2001 and 2005 K2BSA National Jamboree Staff Member