RE: [Scoutradio] Tech class Powerpoint presentation? (was "Radio Merit Badge Materials In Files Area")

  • John Blackham, N7TEK
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2004
      Hi all!

      I to downloaded the Radio Merit Badge files. They are great!

      Has anyone developed a Tech class Powerpoint presentation to
      use in teaching Scouts and others to get their Tech class
      Amateur Radio license? I have some local Scouts here
      interested in getting their license (some of them already
      have their Radio MB).

      Thanks in advance!
      John
      John Blackham, N7TEK
      HOME: 384 North 75 East, North Salt Lake, UT, USA 84054-2320
      From: James Mahoney <jamesmahoney@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:24:27 -0400
      From: James Mahoney <jamesmahoney@...>
      Subject: Re: Updated BSA Radio Merit Badge Materials In Files Area

      Gary:

      I just downloaded the materials and they are excellent!

      I will be putting together a class for our troop which I hope we can
      tie into this year's JOTA. Thanks for getting this material together.

      YIS

      Jim Mahoney
      KB3BYU
      ASM Troop 107 Allentown, PA

      On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:54:17 -0000 "Gary Wilson" <k2gw@...> writes:
      > JOTA is an ideal time to get Boy Scouts interested in Radio Merit
      > Badge. So after the Scouts speak on the radio and write down the
      > details of their contact, make sure that they know they they just
      > completed two requirements of Radio Merit Badge. Then let them know
      >
      > when you'll be offering a class to help them finish the badge! It's
      >
      > easy to do with the Powerpoint Slides and workbooks in the files
      > area of the ScoutRadio group on www.yahoogroups.com
      >
      > I've made some slight revisions (mostly shortening and reordering
      > some slides) in the PowerPoint Slides and workbooks based on my
      > experience teaching the MB at Ockanickon Scout Reservation this past
      >
      > summer. These updated presentations and workbooks are available now
      >
      > in the files area of this Yahoo group.
      >
      > Each module provides PowerPoint slides for a one hour class, three
      > of which are needed to cover all of the material. The accompanying
      > workbook in MicroSoft Word makes it easy for the Scouts to take
      > notes. In a large class, it also makes it easy for the instructor
      > to know that each boy has completed each requirement.
      >
      > The course could be offered as a half day event, three evenings at
      > Scout camp, or at three troop meetings. The fourth hour would be a
      >
      > visit to ham station and an on the air contact. This obviously
      > could be done by participation in Field Day.
      >
      > So have fun and let me know how you make out.
      >
      > Good Scouting & 73
      >
      > Gary Wilson, K2GW
      > Mercer Area District
      > Central New Jersey Council, BSA