Greetings from VU2LCI / JOTA-JOTI 2004

  • Ajoy
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2004
      Dear Scout/Ham Friends,

      I am Lion Ajoy - VU2JHM just joined this ScoutRadio group. As last
      year we would be activating the JOTA & JOTI activities from Sri
      Chamundi Scouts Group, Malleswaram, BANGALORE - INDIA thru Lions Club
      of Bangalore North's - VU2LCI - Lions Clubs International Ham Radio
      Station.

      It would be an unique activity where not only Amateur (Ham) Radio
      Volunteers, Scouts & Guides would take part but also Lions Clubs
      International members.

      Wishing all the very best JOTA/JOTI, we remain...

      Best of 73's

      de Lion Ajoy - VU2JHM
      Disaster Manager & Custodian,
      Lions Clubs International - Ham Radio Station - VU2LCI
    • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2004
        Welcome to the group, Lion.  It's great to have you aboard.

        Your combining the activities of Amateur Radio and Scouting with a service club as distinct as the Lions Club sounds like a winner.  I am in Sertoma - more specifically Scout SERTOMA.  While a couple of us in the club are Hams, our club's mission is primarily that of Scouting.  We provide needed funds to our council as well as individual units (packs or troops) when other monies are just not available.

        Again - glad to have you aboard and hope to see you on the short-waves

        Fraternally,

        Jon Pearl - W4ABC
        Trustee WA4BSA

        "SERviceTOMAkind"

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2004
          Hello Lion;
          During JOTA we operate w6cx from San Ramon,
          CA, as part of the Pacific division convention of the
          ARRL. We normally have a good group of scouts come by
          and visit the station to talk and work on the radio
          merit badge, as well as JOTI on the computers. Look
          for us on 20 meters would be glad to chat with you.

          Mike kb6usj
          Mount Diablo Amateur Radio Club
          Special Events Station

          --- Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl@...>